ICIMACS for CCDS v5.0 Instrument Electronics (IE) Command Set
2/17/00 : JAM
(ICIMACS = Instrument Control and Image
USAGE: Most commands for the IE can be entered either from its
keyboard, with output appearing on the IE monitor, or through a serial port,
with output returned through that port. The ICIMACS interface allows commands
to come from any machine connected on the ICIMACS network. See the ICIMACS Command
Protocol page for inter-machine communication specifics. The exception
is INCR, which requires use of the IE keyboard up and down arrow keys.
For commands with
optional parameters, entering the command alone will return its current values.
- Saves the current configuration and quits the program
- STATUS, ISTATUS 
- Returns the mechanism positions and any errors in the positions. Adding
the 1 parameter gives a fits-compliant version of the same information.
- MSTATUS mechname
- Returns the status of mechanism mechname, or lists the mechanism names.
- Returns the program version number, executable path and name, and compilation date and time
- SAVECONFIG filename
- Saves current settings to the IECCDS.INI file, or to the file filename
- LOADCONFIG filename
- Loads settings from the file IECCDS.INI, or from the file filename
- SETADR n
- Select address n
- CURRENT n [m]
- Set current for current mechanism, or mechanism m
- DELAY n m
- Set step delay for current mechanism or mechanism m to n microseconds
- reset all mechanisms
- GRATNAME gratingname
- Set grating name to store in header
- GROOVES n
- Number of grooves/mm to store in header
- ORDER n
- Grating order to store in header
- CENWAVE l p
- Approximate central wavelength l at pixel p to store in header
- FILTERID [n[ filtername]]
- Identify filter positions by name
- PREFILTID [n [filtername]]
- Identify prefilter positions by name
- runs all mechanisms through their full range of travel continuously
- FILTER [n,RESET]
- Move filter slide to position n, or reset it
- PREFILT [n,RESET]
- Move prefilter slide to position n, or reset it
- COLFOCUS [n][RESET][HOME]
- Set collimator focus position to n, or resets the collimator focus
- SLITWIDTH [n][RESET][HOME]
- Set slit width to n, or resets the slit
- GRATTILT [n][RESET][HOME]
- Set grating tilt to n, or resets the grating
- OFFSET n [X]
- Offset active mechanism by n steps; X uses expert mode (no interlock)
- INCR [n]
- Steps active mechanism or mechanism n on up or down arrow keypress.
- ISTATUS 
- Return instrument status string; ISTATUS 1 gives long FITS format string
- MSTATUS [name]
- Return status of mechanism name or list mechanisms
- SETADR,ADR,ADDRESS n
- Selects electronics box address n
- SETCUR,CURRENT n
- Set current used with selected mechanism to n units (Range is 0-255, conversion is n/128 = Amps)
- SETDELAY,DELAY,STEPDELAY n
- Set the step delay for the selected mechanism to n microseconds.
- OFFSET n [X]
- Offsets active mechanism by n steps; X enables expert mode (no interlock).
- INCR n
- Steps the current mechanism, or mechanism n, on every up arrow or down arrow keypress. "Q" exits.
- TIME dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss timezone
- Sets the system time, and the timezone identifier.
- Prints the status of the system memory
- Reinitializes communication without resetting current table of active
- Clears table of hosts and path mount table and reinitializes communication
- PING [ALL]
- Communication initialization request; responds with a PONG
- Communication initialization acknowledge; no response is given
- BUFFER n
- Display contents of communication port n buffer
- FLUSH n
- Clear contents of communication port n buffer
- Returns a list of the active ports (keyboard/screen=0,com ports=1-2).
- Lists all message sender addresses that have been received.
- Echoes all incoming and outgoing communications onscreen
- Suppresses echoing of communications onscreen
Imaging Sciences Laboratory
Revised: February 17, 2000 [jam]