ICIMACS v5.3 Instrument Electronics (IE) Command Set for DANDICAM
4/5/99 : JAM
(ICIMACS = Instrument Control and Image
USAGE: Commands for the IE can be entered either from its
keyboard, with output appearing on the IC monitor, or through a serial port,
with output returned through that port. See the ICIMACS Command Protocol page
for inter-machine communication specifics.
For commands with optional parameters, entering the command alone will return
its current values.
- Saves the current configuration and quits the program
- Returns the values of selected operating variables. Using 1 as a parameter specifies FITS-compatible output for headers
- Returns status of mechanism name, or list mechanisms
- Returns the program version number, and the executable path, name, compilation date, and compilation time
- Saves the current program configuration to filename on disk, or if filename is omitted, to ANDICAM.INI
- Loads the current program configuration from filename on disk, or if filename is omitted, from ANDICAM.INI
- Shows the current free memory and stack usage
- TIME YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss timezone
- Sets the system time, and the timezone identifier.
- SETADR n
- Select n to be the active mechanism
- CURRENT n m
- Set current for active mechanism, or for mechanism m, to n. n must be between 0 and 255.
- DELAY n m
- Set stepdelay for active mechanism, or for mechanism m, to n microseconds.
- Move all mechanisms to home position
- CCDFILT n
- Move visible channel filter to position n
- IRFILT n
- Move infrared channel filter to position n
- TILT [1,2,3 [n][RESET]][ALL n m p][REL n m p][SETBASE basename][BASE [basename]][KILLBASE basename][SETOFFSET offsetname][OFFSET offsetname][KILLOFFSET offsetname]
- TILT 1/2/3 [n][RESET]
- Move given tilt mechanism to position n, or reset it
- TILT ALL n m p
- Moves the three tilt mechanisms to the positions given by n m p.
- TILT REL n m p
- Offsets the three tilt mechanisms relative to their current positions by n m p steps.
- TILT SETBASE basename
- Gives the current absolute position of the tilt mechanisms the name basename.
- TILT BASE basename
- Returns the tilt mechanisms to the absolute positions named basename. Omitting basename returns the tilt mechanisms to the last set base position.
- TILT KILLBASE basename
- Deletes the position basename from the table.
- TILT SETOFFSET offsetname
- Names the current offset position from the last base position as position offsetname.
- TILT OFFSET offsetname
- Moves the tilt mechanisms to the selected offset from the current base position.
- TILT KILLOFFSET offsetname
- Deletes offsetname from the table.
- NEWFOCUS [0,1]
- Select focus motion mode: 0=sequential, 1=simultaneous.
- FOCUS [n,RESET]
- Move center of tilt mirror to n, or move mechanisms to home position.
- OFFSET n
- Offset active mechanism by n steps.
- Allows stepping of active mechanism using keyboard up and down arrow keys. "Q" exits.
Image Header Information
- CCDFILTID n filtername
- Identify CCD channel filter position n as filtername
- IRFILTID n irfiltername
- Identify IR channel filter position n as irfiltername
- Reinitializes communication without resetting current table of active
- Clears table of hosts and path mount table and reinitializes communication
- PING [ALL]
- Communication initialization request; responds with a PONG
- Communication initialization acknowledge; no response is given
- BUFFER n
- Display contents of communication port n buffer
- FLUSH n
- Clear contents of communication port n buffer
- ROUTE nn
- Until <esc> is pressed, route all commands from the keyboard to
- Returns a list of the active ports (keyboard/screen=0,com ports=1-4,head
electronics com ports=7-9)
- Lists all message sender addresses that have been received.
- Echoes all incoming and outgoing communications onscreen
- Suppresses echoing of communications onscreen
Imaging Sciences Laboratory
Revised: March 9, 2000 [jam]