ICIMACS for OSIRIS v5.0 Instrument Electronics (IE) Command Set
8/2/99 : JAM
(ICIMACS = Instrument Control and Image
USAGE: Most commands for the IE can be entered either from its
keyboard, with output appearing on the IE monitor, or through a serial port,
with output returned through that port. The ICIMACS interface allows commands
to come from any machine connected on the ICIMACS network. See the ICIMACS Command
Protocol page for inter-machine communication specifics. The exception
is INCR, which requires use of the IE keyboard up and down arrow keys.
For commands with
optional parameters, entering the command alone will return its current values.
- Saves the current configuration and quits the program
- STATUS, ISTATUS 
- Returns the mechanism positions and any errors in the positions. Adding
the 1 parameter gives a fits-compliant version of the same information.
- MSTATUS mechname
- Returns the status of mechanism mechname, or lists the mechanism names.
- Returns the program version number, executable path and name, and compilation date and time
- SAVECONFIG filename
- Saves current settings to the IEOSIRIS.INI file, or to the file filename
- LOADCONFIG filename
- Loads settings from the file IEOSIRIS.INI, or from the file filename
- SLIT n
- Select slit wheel and rotate to position n
- FILTER n
- Select filter wheel and rotate to position n
- PREFILT n
- Select prefilter wheel and rotate to position n
- CAMERA,CAMSELECT,TURRET n
- Select camera turret mechanism and rotate to position n
- GRATING,FLIP 1,0,IN,OUT
- Select flip mechanism and rotate to grating (1,IN), or imaging flat (0,OUT).
- SLIDER LO,HI,IN,OUT,0,1
- Select xpupil/prefilter slider and move into the beam (HI,IN,1), or out of the beam (LO,OUT,0).
- XPUPIL reset,n
- Selects the pupil mask's x-axis mechanism, and resets it to zero or offsets it to position n.
- YPUPIL reset,n
- Selects the pupil mask's y-axis mechanism, and resets it to zero or offsets it to position n.
- GRATTILT,TILT reset,n
- Selects the grating tilt mechanism, and resets it to zero or offsets it to position n
- CAMFOCUS,FOCUS reset,n
- Selects the camera focus mechanism, and resets it to zero or offsets it to position n
- MODE [SP,IM,ACQ]
- Select spectrographic, imaging, or acquisition instrument mode
- Select imaging mode (move imaging mirror and prefilter wheel and pupil mask into the beam)
- Select acquisition mode (move imaging mirror into the beam)
- Select spectrographic mode (move prefilter wheel and pupil mask out of the beam, and move grating into the beam)
- Resets all the mechanisms
- FILTERID n filtername
- Identify filter position n as filtername
- PREFILTID n prefiltername
- Identify prefilter position n as prefiltername
- CAMERAID n cameraname
- Identify camera turret position n as cameraname
- SLITID n slitname
- Identify slit wheel position n as slitname
- GRATINGID n gratingname
- Identify grating flip position n as gratingname
- Identify slider position
- SETADR,ADR,ADDRESS n
- Selects electronics box address n
- SETCUR,CURRENT n
- Set current used with selected mechanism to n units (Range is 0-255, conversion is n/128 = Amps)
- SETDELAY,DELAY,STEPDELAY n
- Set the step delay for the selected mechanism to n microseconds.
- OFFSET n [X]
- Offsets active mechanism by n steps; X enables expert mode (no interlock).
- INCR n
- Steps the current mechanism, or mechanism n, on every up arrow or down arrow keypress. "Q" exits.
- TIME dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss timezone
- Sets the system time, and the timezone identifier.
- Prints the status of the system memory
- Reinitializes communication without resetting current table of active
- Clears table of hosts and path mount table and reinitializes communication
- PING [ALL]
- Communication initialization request; responds with a PONG
- Communication initialization acknowledge; no response is given
- BUFFER n
- Display contents of communication port n buffer
- FLUSH n
- Clear contents of communication port n buffer
- Returns a list of the active ports (keyboard/screen=0,com ports=1-2).
- Lists all message sender addresses that have been received.
- Echoes all incoming and outgoing communications onscreen
- Suppresses echoing of communications onscreen
Imaging Sciences Laboratory
Revised: August 2, 1999 [jam]