ICIMACS for TIFKAM: Startup Procedure
01/18/01 : JAM
1) QUIT out of WC, IC and CB, if they are still running.
2) Turn off power on WC and IC.
3) Make sure XTCS and XMIS are running.
4) Power on WC and IC at the same time. Wait until the WC finishes starting up, then select TIFKAM on the IC. Wait for the IC to reach the TIFKAM% prompt.
7) Start caliban (CB). Wait until it finishes starting up.
8) Start prospero and run startup. If there are problems, follow the following list of symptoms:
- prospero reports data disks are not synchronized (-SYNC)
- Starting about a third of the way down the WC screen is a box with disk synchronization information. When the system is ready to take data, it should look like:
- IC +UPSYNC ....
CB +DNSYNC ....
- What you do now depends on what you see in this box:
- IC -SYNC
- On the WC keyboard, type:
>IC REQ INITDISK
- If this doesn't work, exit the IC program, and cycle power on the IC. Then restart the IC program and try the >IC REQ INITDISK command again. If it still doesn't work, repeat the full startup procedure.
- CB -SYNC
- Make sure caliban is running on the sparcstation. Open the caliban window and type:
>WC REQ INITDISK
If you don't see any reference in the box to the IC or CB, repeat the startup procedure above. If you still don't see the IC or CB, check the serial port connections between the two PCs and between the WC and the sparcstation, then repeat the startup procedure again.
- prospero reports no instrument electronics (-IE)
- From prospero, type:
and try startup from prospero again.
- prospero cannot tell which instrument is connected
- From the WC keyboard, type:
Then run startup on prospero again.
Imaging Sciences Laboratory
Revised: January 18, 2001 [jam]