Methods of Astronomical Observation & Data Analysis
[Europe a Prophecy, 1824, Plate 1: Frontispiece: The
Ancient of Days William Blake (1757-1827), Whitworth Art Gallery,
University of Manchester, UK]
Instructions and supplemental information for each laboratory exercise in
this course are provided in the links below.
- Lab 1: Visual Observing
with the 12-inch Meade Telescope
- Due: Wednesday, November 6 with Lab 2
- Lab 2: Simple Long-Slit
- Due: Wednesday, November 6
- Lab 3: The Heights of
- Due: Wednesday, November 20
- Lab 4: Differential
Photometry of CY Aquarii
- Part 3 Updated 2002 Dec 1!
- Preliminary Photometry: 5pm Thursday,
2002 December 5 via email.
- Final Differential Photometry: 5pm Tuesday,
2002 December 10 via webform.
- Final Lab Report: 5pm Thursday,
2002 December 12 in person.
- Laboratory Rules of
- Read this before you do any of the labs. It describes the ground
rules for cooperation and suggestions to help you get through the
labs in one piece.
Return to the Astronomy 350 Main Page
Updated: 2002 December 1
Copyright © Richard W. Pogge.
All Rights Reserved.